Inspiration of the Self-Reliance 30-Day Writing Challenge

To celebrate Ralph Waldo Emerson's 208th birthday (May 25th, 1803), Self-Reliance urges us to trust our intuition rather than conforming to the will of the majority.

Beginning on May 31st, 2011, The Ralph Waldo Emerson Self-Reliance website*** will post a daily prompt. This will continue for 30 days.

This is my unique creation of personal reflection and responses, based on those prompts.

***See link below for the site.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dreams

DAY 18

"Abide in the simple and noble regions of thy life, obey thy heart".
           – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Prompt:
Write down your top three dreams.
Now write down what’s holding you back from them.

My dreams are quite simple, and I enjoy life as much as possible, being grateful for everything.  However, if I had to choose three dreams, they would be as follows:

1.   Become a published author
What’s holding me back? 
Refer to DAY 15 post “One Thing”

2.   Live to be 100 years old
What’s holding me back?  Hmmmmmmm – well, probably my health issues.  However, if I do what I’m able to take care of myself, maybe - ?  Just maybe - ? 

3.   To keep my mind fresh, and brain functioning well, so as not to become stagnant
What’s holding me back?  ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!  I utilize my time wisely, with writing, reading, doing brain puzzles, math puzzles, playing Pinochle, and just simply doing whatever is necessary to keep my brain functioning and my mind sharp.

To add an all-inclusive dream (or maybe this would be called a wish) - to be physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually healthy for the rest of my life – til I reach 100?)

Of course, there is always the “win the lottery” dream.  I guess that could be considered “a given” for everyone.  But, hey, if it happens, that’s great, because I could do more for others than I’m able to do now.  And, if my numbers never come up, that’s okay, too, because I’ll just continue helping wherever and whenever possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment