Inspiration of the Self-Reliance 30-Day Writing Challenge

To celebrate Ralph Waldo Emerson's 208th birthday (May 25th, 1803), Self-Reliance urges us to trust our intuition rather than conforming to the will of the majority.

Beginning on May 31st, 2011, The Ralph Waldo Emerson Self-Reliance website*** will post a daily prompt. This will continue for 30 days.

This is my unique creation of personal reflection and responses, based on those prompts.

***See link below for the site.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Intuition

DAY 24

"The secret of fortune is joy in our hands."   – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Prompt:
If you could picture your intuition as a person, what would he or she look like? If you sat down together for dinner, what is the first thing he or she would tell you?




My perception of INTUITION, the person, is a light mystical sort of image.  Ms. Intuition is sincere, angelic, kind and compassionate.  Her graceful presence emanates tranquility and serenity.  She generates love.  She’s elegantly clothed in long flowing light chiffon, in soft blue and light purple hues.

While we’re sitting down to dinner together, Ms. Intuition would ease my concerns by convincing me that it’s okay to trust her.  In her soft gentle voice, she would whisper sprinkles of honesty.

Ms. Intuition would give me confidence to follow her lead and go with my instincts, knowing she’s with me to guide me through life’s challenges.  She would also give me the tools to be able to recognize the subtle messages she sends me.  She tells me to look into my heart and soul to find the messages.



No comments:

Post a Comment